Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Exile by R.A. Salvatore

Exile (Forgotten Realms: Dark Elf Trilogy, #2; Legend of Drizzt, #2)Exile by R.A. Salvatore

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I finally finished reading this second book in the Dark Elf Trilogy and I definitely enjoyed it. I enjoyed following Drizzt on his adventure and reading about the emotions he was going through. His character just keeps on developing and developing and I keep wondering what else he will learn about himself.

None the less I only gave this novel 3 stars because I really did enjoy the first book better and I don't think this one was quite as good. However, it was captivating enough that I will have to read the third book in the trilogy.

View all my reviews

Maybe it's just me or maybe it's the genre I'm reading here but I find that the Dark Elf Trilogy goes really slow for me. What I mean by this is that it takes me forever to get through the novel. I don't read it as quick as some of the other genres of books I read. It may be because fantasy novels require such a high attention to details and it wears me out. I enjoy being able to envision a scene in my head the way I think it would look. When an author gives too many details I feel like there isn't any room for my vision and it bothers me. It's not a positive or negative thing but just a preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?